Georgia Tech undergraduate and graduate students engage with IPaT in many ways, including joining research teams, collaborating with other students and faculty, and participating in student competitions. We also provide connections to industry partners, funding and other resources to facilitate student projects and research.
Jobs and Internships
2021 Summer Research Internships (“applications are closed”)
IPaT is seeking students to participate in our IPaT inaugural Summer internship program for 2021. This is an opportunity for students looking to gain real-world experience related to research, and community engagement. The Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program (May 17th to August 6th). All Georgia Tech students are invited to apply. Summer Interns will receive $5,000 for a full-time internship. Internship stipend to be paid bi-weekly. Internships can be 100% virtual. We are hopeful that some in-person activities may be possible.
- Be enrolled full-time at Georgia Tech
- Be in good academic standing
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Have reliable transportation to campus (if needed)
- Deadline to apply is noon, March 29
- Smart Sea Level Sensors: we have a wide range of opportunities for students to work with this diverse project team addressing flooding on the Georgia coast. We are looking for application software developers, IoT sensor experience (e.g. Arduino), data analytics, community outreach and engagement, K-12 summer camp leads, etc
- Air Quality Monitoring: we have a growing project both in Atlanta and Savannah working on low-cost monitoring solutions for both indoor and outdoor air quality. We are looking for application software developers, data analytics, community outreach and engagement.
- Urban Heat Island Measurement: we are kicking off a heat island measurement campaign with the Atlanta Science Festival this Spring that will go through the summer. We are looking for application software developers, data analytics, community outreach and engagement.
- RNOC: We are looking for people interested in platforms architectures. This work includes exploring and building containers, orchestration, and AWS in support of various as IoT and Mobile projects.
- Looking for students interested in performing research and development in the areas of augmented/virtual reality and wearable computing. We are creating innovative systems to help diverse populations in the areas of work, healthcare, education, and entertainment.
- Seeking student researchers that are interested in developing expertise with design, software development (particularly in game engines such as Unity3D and Unreal Engine), and human-computing interaction research methods in these domains.
Lab Assistant (RNOC)
The student lab assistant serves as primary staff engaging with users of the RNOC Lab. They assist users with borrowing phones, tablets, and other mobile and wearable devices; Arduinos, Raspberry Pi’s and other IoT development kits; a variety of sensors; cameras and media capture devices and other various equipment from the RNOC Lending Library. They support students in preparation to compete in the biannual Convergence Innovation Competition, aid in the production of workshops and judging events for CIC. Student lab assistants have the opportunity to work on projects in the lab including data analysis, application development, server administration, and prototype design and development. Contact Faith Sumpter, IPaT Program and Operations Manager, for more information and to apply.
Student Assistant (“applications are closed”)
The IPaT student assistant serves as primary staff engaging with visitors to the Institute for People and Technology. The primary tasks for the student assistants include:
* Preparing for the relocation of the IPaT leadership and support teams from Centergy One to the Technology Square Research Building
- This task includes helping to organize, sort, and dispose of items in the space
- Packing and organizing boxes and materials
- Aid with item inventory and stock
* Space and operations management
- Assist with the daily organization of IPaT spaces including checking mail, cleaning kitchen space, etc.
- Work on various office projects as assigned by IPaT staff
Run errands/deliveries around campus
* Event management
- Setup spaces according to event needs
- Facilitate organization of caterers and other vendors
- Assist with post-event cleanup
- Troubleshoot event logistics
* Operating the RNOC lending library
- Assist users with borrowing phones, tablets, and other mobile and wearable devices; Arduinos, Raspberry Pi’s and other IoT development kits; a variety of sensors; cameras and media capture devices and other various equipment
- Correspond with borrowers about device inventory and procedures
- Support students in preparation to compete in the biannual Convergence Innovation Competition (cic.gatech.edu), aid in the production of workshops and judging events for CIC.
- Student assistants may work on projects in the lab including data analysis, application development, server administration, and prototype design and development.